The Shard is one of the most iconic spots in London, and makes for an amazing proposal. It has the best views overlooking the city, and multiple restaurants, bars and even a hotel to enjoy within, so it's no surprise that it's incredibly popular with people looking to pop the question or for other romantic events.
We have planned hundred's of proposals at The Shard over the last couple of years, and have recently been named The Shangri-la at The Shard's recommended supplier for romantic events!
Whether you want to propose in a suite, private dining room or your hotel room, we can turn any location into the ideal romantic setting for you to ask that all important question.
Proposing At The Shard
How To Propose At The Shard
Most people who propose first think of View From The Shard, which while great, doesn't have the same privacy as some of the other options at The Shard. We always recommend with any London landmark proposal to look for privacy. This avoids tourists crowding up your proposal and means that it's just about the two of you.
That's why we always recommend taking your proposal to Shangri-la at The Shard. It occupies levels 34-52 of The Shard, and has the BEST views of London while still being private, so that you can get down on one knee to your partner while in complete solitude.
The Shard Proposal Ideas
The Shard is like a second home for The Proposers team, as we plan proposals at The Shard every single week, and have actually recently moved our storage facility five minutes from The Shard because of this. These are our favourite ideas for a proposal at The Shard...
Bedroom For Two Proposal
Bedroom propisals can work out amazing for you, as it helps to kill two birds with one stone. You get..
- A BEAUTIFUL location for your proposal
- And a STUNNING room to stay in and celebrate your proposal together
It's also very simple to make it a surprise as you can take your partner out for the day, and we decorate the room while you're gone. You then come back through the door to your dream proposal with an unsuspecting future fiancé in shock finding out that you're about to drop down on knee.
Private Event Space Proposal
Our most popular proposal at The Shard is a private room at The Shard, for example their amazing Yi room. We absolutely love this option as we can completely transform a space for you. Balloons, marry me signs, flowers, and personal touches can make a conference room into your own romantic backdrop, and we just LOVE how creative we can get with a larger space.
Take a look at the transormation below to see how we can transform a conference room to a space fit for a romantic proposal.
Before The Proposers
This is what a conference room at the The Shard looks like..
After The Proposers
This is an example of what we can transform it into..
Private Ballroom Proposal
The Ren ballroom on level 34 is Shangri-la at The Shard's biggest event space. It has floor-to-ceiling windows giving magnificent light and exquisite views of London's best landmarks.
Just like the conference room we can transform the ballroom into your own private space, with balloons, marry me signs and personalised decorations.
Infinity Pool Proposal
The main feature of the Shangri-la's Sky Bar is their stunning infinity pool, which overlooks onto the breath-taking views of London. This proposal is perfect to symbolise the infinite love between you!
We can completely transform the Sky Bar with trendy balloon garlands, floating balloons across the pool, and beautiful romantic decor.
Some Of Our Favourite The Shard Proposals
These are just a few of our favourite proposals at Shangri-la at The Shard.
Clouds in the Sky For John and Xio
John wanted the wow factor for his girlfriend, Xio. We came up with the idea together of a proposal "in the clouds", with The Shard being perfect for romance high in the sky.
The whole room was decorated with white decorations and balloons to match the elegant feel of the clouds, with petals, candles and a majestic Marry Me sign adding romantic touches to the proposal. A harpist played All of Me by John Legend as Xio entered, and serenaded the couple throughout.
Cappadocia in London For Sully and Ruma
Sully wanted to go to Cappadocia for his proposal to Ruma, but couldn't get away, and restrictions meant that our first idea of having hot air balloons fly over London couldn't happen. We didn't let that stop us though!
The Proposers brought Cappadocia to a hotel room in the Shangri-la at The Shard. The room gave the perfect view of the clouds and London to replicate the Cappadocia skyline with the balloons in the foreground. The room was decorated with rugs and traditional Turkish food and drink to bring even more of Turkey to the London room.
Romantic Red Balloon Proposal For Maulen and Dinara
A dream proposal for Maulen and Dinara. Our AMAZING team of proposal planners were tasked with transforming the Yi Private dining room at one of our favourite places. We decorated the room with romantic décor and light up “Marry Me” letters, while the ceiling was covered with 200 red balloons.
Maulen led a surprised Dinara into the room and dropped down on one knee in front of the light up letters. The beautiful couple then continued their celebrations in the private dining room.
How does a proposal at The Shard work?
We've planned hundreds of proposals at The Shard, so we're going to let you in on our secrets to planning a proposal at The Shard.
We eliminate most of the planning for you before the proposal begins, we'll...
- Have an initial consultation to brief what you and your partner like and dislike.
- Go away and create initial ideas for you.
- Book everything, from singers to the photographer, once an idea is approved.
- Create a plan for the day for all involved to know what's happening and when.
- Order or create all of the props for the proposal.
- Be on hand to answer any questions you have about your proposal.
- Budget and finance management.
- Contract management for suppliers and venue.
- Contact The Shard to get permission to bring instrunments, cameras, filming equipment and props in on the day.
On The Day
Our job doesn't stop there though! On the day, we'll..
- Go to our warehouse to pick up the props for the proposal.
- Arrive two hours early and decorate the room for you.
- Liaise with the photographer and/or videographer when they arrive to get in position and get the best shots.
- Communicate with all parties to make sure everything is running smoothly and on time.
You and your partner will arrive at The Shangri-La, and our planner will greet you at the lift and take you to your private room. As the door opens and you enter the room, the photographer will be there to capture the surprise on your partner's face. You will then lead your partner to the most romantic part of the room with the best view, where you will drop down on one knee and pop the question.
After they have said yes, we will give you a few minutes to get yourselves together, and then capture celebratory photos of the both of you. Once this is done, we'll leave you alone to celebrate your new engagement in your own private room.
We'll even make sure everything runs smoothly once the proposal has ended. We'll..
- Clean up the room, and take all of the props with us.
- Organise to get epic shots of the two of you.
- Liaise with photographers and videographers post event to get the edited photos to you (1-2 weeks) and edited footage to you (4-6 weeks). If you want a few shots for Instagram and showing family, we'll make sure they come over asap too.
- Arrange your celebrations for after too if you want a room to stay in or a private dinner for two.
As our slogan says "We do the planning. You pop the question". We know how daunting a proposal is, so we try to make it as easy as possible for you.
How much does a proposal at The Shard cost?
A proposal at The Shard starts at £1,500 + VAT for a standard bedroom proposal, but is dependent on your room choice and your needs. Please get in touch for an accurate quote.
- Private room, suite, or event space at Shangri-la at The Shard
- Candles, fairy-lights, lanterns, petals (colour of your choice)
- Personalised decorations tailored to you (to be discussed)
- Background music (of your choice) or Musician to serenade you
- Professional Photographer and/or Videographer to capture the moment
- Your very own expert proposal planner to deal with everything from start to finish
- Co-ordination of the event on the day to make sure it all goes smoothly
All proposals can be completely customised to you.
Let us plan your The Shard proposal
The Proposers know all there is to know about proposal planning with over 1,700 proposals planned across the world, and a 100% YES rate!
We are the official proposal partners of The Shard. Want us to help you to propose at The Shard or somewhere else you have in mind?
In light of recent events surrounding the Coronavirus, we're still open for business. We can still help you to plan your proposal from home via virtual consultations NOW so that all you have to do is set a date when we're back to normal. Contact our team to find out more about how we can help plan your proposal.